Drink of the Week: Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail
The holidays are drawing near so I thought we would go with something a little festive this week. Did I mention what a great time of year this is to get married? Think about it. Rates, across the board, are lower. You save on decor costs because whether it be a church, synagogue, reception venue, etc. everything is already decorated!! Double savings! Plus you might get lucky and get to take some gorgeous pictures in the snow!!! Although, I might be the only person who likes snow. Come on, it’s pretty! This signature cocktail would be a great addition to any event! Snow or shine
Photo Credit: Creative Culinary
Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 orange, cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups dry gin – Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater or Tangueray suggested
- 1 cup chilled Ginger Ale
- 4 mint springs
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; pour off all but one cup of syrup, reserving any extra for another use.
- Heat the syrup to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Add the cranberries and simmer for 2-3 minutes until they just begin to burst. Remove from heat and let cool in syrup.
- Place 2 Tablespoons drained cranberries and 6 Tablespoons cranberry syrup in a large pitcher; add the lemon wedges and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, vigorously mash the fruit.
- Stir in gin and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain into a medium pitcher.
- Fill 4 glasses with crushed ice and 1/4 cup ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour half the cranberry mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Mound additional ice on top of each glass and garnish with 3 candied cranberries and a mint sprig.