Drink of the Week: The Honey Badger
Is everyone enjoying their 2012 so far? Something about 2012 just sounds better than other years sound right? I suspect that there are many new brides to be searching the web for great ideas for their wedding. I know the holidays seem to be breeding grounds for proposals So here it is! Exactly what you’ve been looking for. Your signature cocktail. It goes by the name….. The Honey Badger.
Photo Credit: Design Love Fest
The Honey Badger
- 1 orange sliced into wedges
- 1 bottle of champagne (doesn’t even have to be the good stuff)
- 1 oz of st. germain (if you don’t have this in your liquor cabinet, or on your fancy bar cart – get it- immediately!!)
- 1 oz of honey syrup : so here’s the thing. honey syrup sounds very fancy. it’s not. you do have to make it, but it’s really easy and it will most definitely get you respect amongst your peers once you have it in your arsenal.
- i encourage you to tell people that you make your own honey syrup, offer it up to them to put in their ice tea or just find a way to sneak it into conversation, like, “did you watch the bachelorette last night? is that honey syrup?”
- first you need to make the aforementioned honey syrup.
- heat 1 cup honey and 1 cup water in a pan, stirring until it simmers then remove from heat. once cooled you can pour it into a cute jam jar or glass bottle and store in the fridge.
- add 1 oz of the cooled honey syrup to your favorite cocktail glass
- also add the st. germain
- squeeze one of the orange wedges into the mixture and plop the wedge into the glass
- top off the glass with champagne, give it a quick stir and you’re all set