Drink of the Week: Champagne, Pomegranate and Clementine Cocktail
Try and tell me that this cocktail doesn’t sound like drinking summer out of a glass. I dare you. Plus champagne makes everything classy doesn’t it? If that’s not a rule yet, it should be. Says me.
Champagne, Pomegranate and Clementine Cocktail
Photo Credit: Un Dejeuner de Soleil
I have included the recipe since translation required. If you smarties can read/ speak Italian please visit Un Dejeuner de Soleil for the original recipe and story.
Here is the English Translation of the recipe:
- 250 ml (25 cl) of Champagne or good sparkling brut, all chilled
- 1 ripe pomegranate (to obtain 100 ml of juice)
- 150 ml (15 cl) of freshly pressed juice of clementines
- 20 ml limoncello
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 full tablespoons of brown sugar (or sugar syrup, to taste)
Cut the pomegranate in half and juice. You should get about 100 ml. Use some of the seeds for garnish. Mix with the juice of clementines, lemon juice and limoncello. Add the Champagne and sugar, stir. Serve immediately with ice, or store in refrigerator up to half an hour before serving.