Drink of the Week: Cider Rum Punch
Daylight savings started yesterday (for those of you that change your clocks ) and with it comes new feelings of fall and the approaching holidays! I love November for many reasons but the biggest is that I get to stuff my face all month long. I think this drink would be the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving feast and would make a great signature drink for your late fall or early winter reception. It will leave you with that great warm and fuzzy feeling.
Photo Credit: Verses from my Kitchen
Cider Rum Punch
- 8 ounces dark rum
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces thyme simple syrup
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 4 ounces water
- 4 ounces club soda
- 8 dashed of Angostura Bitters
- sprigs of thyme, garnish
- apple wheels, garnish
- To make thyme simple syrup, combine 2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cups of water and 6 thyme sprigs in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring up to a boil and reduce to simmer, until the sugar has fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and place the syrup in the fridge to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a large picture or carafe with ice and stir.
- Fill your glasses with crushed ice and fill. Place a sprig of thyme inside and put an apple wheel on the rim.
- Serves 6.
Credit: Verses from my Kitchen