Real Wedding: Karli + Nick
Our first real wedding feature!!!! This beautiful collection of photos was sent over from the wonderful Lauri Levenfeld over at Zoom Photography in LA. Her work is truly inspiring and you guys are in for a treat today!
Karli and Nick met in Malibu while attending Pepperdine University. After a three year relationship, Nick proposed and thus started the wonderful planning process!! Does it get any better than a fall wedding at a farm in California? I think not!
From the beginning, Nick and Karli knew they wanted a wedding that reflected who they were as a couple; casual, easy-going and socially conscious. They loved that Bear Flag Farm in Winters, California offered an environment that was completely organic and supports the “farm to table” concept. The couple wanted the feel of a backyard wedding that was intimate yet gorgeous. I think they captured that quite well!!
The color palette they chose just screams fall and I love the bright orange accents used in the groomsmen’s ties, the bride’s shoes and the groom’s socks! What a great addition! This wedding has a casual rustic vibe that would make any guest feel comfortable and right at home! I’m partial to roses, and the orange variety they used here is spectacular. The flower girl’s pomander is to die for! What a great alternative to a basket and flower petals.
The environmentally friendly theme was used through many aspects of the wedding. They worked with Dauphine Press for eco-friendly letterpress stationery that carried a rustic, orange floral design. The couple’s generosity showed through their donation to the Touch A Life Foundation which was made on behalf of each guest in lieu of favors.
Through the pictures you can sense that this was a fun, laid back day full of love! Everyone looks so relaxed and care-free. The bride and groom put so much hard work into making sure their guests had a great time, even having a box of blankets and “dancing shoes” available.
So sit back, relax and enjoy the work of the wonderfully talented Lauri Levenfeld!!
There are a lot of pictures….. I have trouble making decisions.
- Bridal Gown- Amsale via Clarissa’s Bridal
- Bride’s Hairpiece- Muscari Design
- Bride’s Garter- Twigs and Honey by Myra Callan
- Bridesmaid Dresses- Amsale via Bella Bridesmaid
- Groom’s Suit- J. Crew
- Ceremony/ Reception Site and Coordination- Bear Flag Farm (Tina Reikes, 530.753.9494, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Catering- Living Room Events (Kim Stevens, 415.522.1417 ext.201, email@example.com)
- DJ- CeCe Cannavo from AEC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Band- STOMP Bluegrass Jack Tuttle (email@example.com)
- Florist- Jennifer French at Lush Floral Design (707.642.1433, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Videography-Bliss* Video Productions (Kristen@blissvideoproductions.com)
- Photography- Lauri Levenfeld at Zoom Photography (email@example.com)
- Officiant- Drew Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Hair- Victoria’s Salon
- Make up- Candace Anderson (email@example.com)
- Invitations- Dauphine Press via Union Street Papery
- Rentals- Classic Party Rentals
- Linens- La Tavola